Don’t be aroused by my confession
Unless you don’t give a good goddamn about redemption
Christ is coming, and so am I
You would too if this sexy devil caught your eye
She’ll suck you dry…
– From Rev 22:00, by Puscifer
I’ve been home for a total of one evening in the past fifteen days. Between work and socializing, I haven’t had time to sit back, relax, and catch my breath, let alone write. I’ve also started working on a project, which might help me organize my writing a little better.
So, in an effort to save time, yet inform all of you what’s been going on, here are some updates, in random order:
* I’m fascinated with the HBO Series ‘Deadwood,’ which has the word “cocksucker” in each episode at least twenty times so far.
* Fritz the Cat was a waste of a movie rental. Maybe it’s because I didn’t live in the 60s, or maybe it’s because gratuitous animated sex between different species of animals contributes absolutely nothing to the points Robert Crumb wanted to make.
* When a woman in Five Points tells you her age, she’s probably lying. Ask for ID.
* I’m considering the purchase of a Wii, because it’s hilarious fun in group settings. Or maybe I can keep mooching off of CSI-Guy’s Wii and save $300.
* I’ve begun my Spring Cleaning several months too late. Why? Because I want to throw a house party. But who do I invite? I belong to several groups of friends, no two of which will mingle well. But if I invite one group, it’ll be a pretty small party.
* I think the girl from Chicago is pretty damn amazing. So much so, that I’m not going to say anything further about her. 🙂
* Puscifer’s debut album, titled V is for Vagina, is not a disappointment. I think Maynard James Keenan (of Tool and A Perfect Circle) is a musical and lyrical genius.
* I’m having dinner with my folks and their friends tonight, to “plan” our annual Thanksgiving trip to Edisto. I put plan in quotes, because all ideas put on paper will be summarily ignored once we’re there, just like they are every year. But it’s always fun to get drunk with the folks.
* Tomorrow, The Cult is having a concert in Charleston. While I’ve heard of this band for years, I can’t name a single song that they sing, nor did I recognize any of the songs on their MySpace profile. I think I’ll turn down the invitation to go and spend the day at home, catching my breath and relaxing, with my phone turned off.
— EDIT —
* On the one night I didn’t go out (last Monday), I cooked a huge pot of chili. It was freezing cold, and chili sounded like a great idea. I’ve not had dinner at home again since so I now have a huge pot of chili in my refridgerator, that will probably go to waste.
* I went grocery shopping on Sunday and restocked my fridge with all sorts of food that can go bad. I look forward to it going bad so I can clean out my fridge.